Land Protected Forever
Land Protected Forever means food for future generations,
clean water and the protection of worthwhile community values.
Welcome to the West Virginia Farmland Protection Website
This website provides information about the West Virginia Voluntary Farmland Protection Act, counties participating through the formation of Farmland Protection Boards and the West Virginia Agricultural Land Protection Authority authorized under the West Virginia Department of Agriculture.
Passed by the West Virginia legislature in 2000, the Voluntary Farmland Protection Act seeks to:
- Assist in sustaining the farming community
- Provide sources of agricultural products within the state for citizens of the state
- Control the urban expansion which is consuming the agricultural land, topsoil and woodland of the state
- Curb the spread of urban blight and deterioration
- Protect agricultural land and woodland as open-space land
- Enhance tourism
- Protect worthwhile community values, institutions & landscapes which are inseparably associated with traditional farming
• Conservation and Preservation Easements Act
• Voluntary Farmland Protection Act
• Post Mortem Act
Learn about OurState Acts...
Active ProgramsState and Local
News & Notes Keep up with the latest!
September 29, 2015 Anna Ziegler, attorney at law, Ziegler & Ziegler, lectures on the importance of stewardship and records. The Read More…
Press Release January 24, 2015 From Left: Lavonne Paden, Director of the West Virginia Agricultural Land Protection Authority; Bill O’Donnell, Read More…