Board & Officers
The Pocahontas County Farmland Protection Board is composed of seven members, each serving without compensation but eligible for reimbursement of actual expenses while engaged in the discharge of official duties. A majority of members are required to be county residents. Each member is a voting member, except for the Pocahontas County Commissioner, who shall serve in a non-voting, advisory capacity. All members are appointed by the Pocahontas County Commission and serve at the will and pleasure of the Commission.
The specific composition of the Board is as follows:
- One Pocahontas County Commissioner – Jesse Groseclose
- Executive Director of the Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Authority – Chase McClung
- One farmer who is a member of the Pocahontas County Farm Bureau – Reta Griffith
- One farmer who is a member of the Greenbrier Soil Conservation District – Greg Hamons
- One farmer who need not be a member of any farm organization – Jennifer Rose
- One county resident who is not a member of the foregoing organizations – Cristin Bartlett
- One county resident who is not a member of the foregoing organizations – Vacant
It’s easy to apply! Click on the link below for additional information.