The Grant County Farmland Protection Board is composed of seven members, each serving without compensation. All members are required to be county residents. Each member is a voting member, except for the Grant County Commissioner, who shall serve in a non-voting, advisory capacity. All members are appointed by the Grant County Commission, typically for a four-year term.
The specific composition of the Board is as follows:
- Will Taylor, Farmer and Public Member – GCFPB Chairman
- Bryer Keplinger, Farmer and Public Member – GCFPB Vice Chair
- Callie Taylor Dayton, Executive Director of the Grant County Development Authority – GCFPB Secretary/Treasurer
- Gerald Sites, Farmer and member of the Potomac Valley Soil Conservation District
- Roger Nesselrodt, Farmer and member of the Grant County Farm Bureau
- Kim Getz, Farmer and Public Member
- Jeffrey Berg, Grant County Commissioner
The composition of every farmland protection board is dictated by the Voluntary Farmland Protection Act at WV Code ¡ì8A-12-1(2004).