Board of Directors and Officers
The Fayette County Farmland Protection Board is composed of seven members, each serving without compensation. All members are required to be county residents. Each member is a voting member, except for the Fayette County Commissioner, who shall serve in a non-voting, advisory capacity. All members are appointed by the Fayette County Commission, typically for a four-year term. The composition of every farmland protection board is dictated by the Voluntary Farmland Protection Act at WV Code §8A-12-1(2004).
The specific composition of the Board is as follows:
- One Fayette County Commissioner (Denise Scalph).
- Executive Director of the Berkeley County Development Authority (Adam Hodges).
- One farmer who is a member of the Fayette County Farm Bureau (Russell Hypes).
- One farmer who is a member of the Southern Soil Conservation District (Randy Prince).
- One farmer who need not be a member of any farm organization (Tim Keeney).
- One county resident who is not a member of the foregoing organizations (John Gilkeson).
- One county resident who is not a member of the foregoing organizations (K.William Hauer).
The 2015 Officers of the Fayette County Farmland Protection Board are as follows:
- Board Chairman (Adam Hodges)
- Board Vice-Chairman (Russell Hypes)
- Board Treasurer (K. William Hauer)
The Program Coordinator is Brian Smith.